It’s undeniable and we all know it. The rise and use of video to share and create information has been exponential in recent years. But just in case you weren’t convinced here are the supporting stats…
- By 2017 video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic according to Cisco Research.
- Nielsen claims 64% of marketers expect video to dominate their strategies in the near future.
- YouTube reaches more than one billion unique visitors every month, 2nd only to Facebook.
- One in three Britains view at least one video online each week
- One minute of video can be as beneficial as 1.8 million words according to Dr James McQuivey of Forrester research.
These are the blunt numbers. Now let’s take a look at how we have used video in our masses these last few years to make our opinions known…
#nomakeupselfie generated £2 million for Cancer Research in 4 days.
Last August the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge made $100m in one month.
Both examples are simple, selfless and needed video to go viral
The Everyday Celebrity Vloggers: Zoe “Zoella” Suggs has a following of 5m plus on YouTube. Known for her fashion and shopping tips Zoe can command £200k for brand demonstrations.
So Video has become the tool to empower consumers and make their voice heard.
So how is the Research and Insight Industry going to maximize the use of the growth in video?
Video management tools are fast developing for the industry. Startups have realized the potential of this sector and innovation is fierce to create video management platforms.
At VPI we create bespoke websites and internal portals. What most excites me about their capability is the ability to search for what you want within the portal in the same way you do through Google. And what excites me, even more, is the ability to cut, crop and export that clip you’ve found so you can use it with ease within your Powerpoint.
So now the Research and Insight and Video Marketing Industries can realise the potential of Video to bring Insight to life. It is moving from an arduous, storage hungry and lengthy communication tool to one that is easy, versatile and simple to use.